The National Co-op Grocers Development Cooperative Loan Fund (NCG-DC Loan Fund) is a partnership between the National Cooperative Grocers and Capital Impact Partners to provide financing to food cooperatives seeking to expand, consolidate debt, and make capital improvements. Member cooperatives invest in the NCG-DC Loan Fund that lends money to other members. All interest and fees provide a return to the cooperatives that have invested in the fund.
Through this loan fund, Capital Impact builds on our 30-year history of support for cooperative development.
National Cooperative Grocers Development Cooperative Loan Fund overview:
- Mission-driven lending initiative designed to finance projects that increase capacity for food cooperatives
- Financing solutions tailored to meet individual project needs
- Ability to work with single-site operators and multi-site organizations
- Low transaction costs
Advantages of borrowing through Capital Impact Partners:
- Thirty years of experience in cooperative lending. We understand the unique needs of cooperative businesses and understand how to work with cooperative governing bodies.
- Ability to offer a variety of financing options under terms not available through traditional financial institutions.
- Mission-driven organization committed to partnering with borrowers to ensure good projects get funded
- All interest and fees provide a return to your fellow investor cooperatives
- In addition to funding your project, the NCG-DC can provide technical and other assistance to get your co-op ready to submit a successful loan application.